Where Does the Money Go?
A sampling of local services provided free of charge to people and families living with ALS:
- One-on-one consultations to assess the needs of those living with ALS, suggest equipment and help families plan for the future.
- A Medical Equipment Loan Program that provides mobility equipment when insurance and other programs cannot fund needed items.
- In-home care and van transportation
- A comprehensive Alternative Communication and Assistive Technology Program.
- Monthly support groups for people with ALS, family members, caregivers and friends.
- Partnerships in ALS multidisciplinary treatment centers staffed by professionals with ALS expertise.
- Outreach to the local medical community with updates on current ALS needs and solutions.