Southern Nevada Walk
THIS YEAR FAMILY & FRIENDS ARE COMING TOGETHER!
Join us for our Southern Nevada Walk to Defeat ALS on Sunday, November 7, 2021 at Craig Ranch Park.
ALS doesn't stop so neither will we!
We are excited to see everyone in-person, but if you are not ready, you can participate virtually that is ok too :-)
Walk Your Way!
• Recruit your Team members
• Join us in the Fight to Defeat ALS
• Walk with us on November 7th!
• We will have sponsors, pALS and more along the route and even contests!
• If you are unable to join our Walk you can still join us for our virtual event as our goal is the same; create a World without ALS.
Craig Ranch Park
Walk Check-in: 10:30 AM
Walk Start: 12:00 PM
Don't forget to post photos and videos to your favorite social channel, tag @alsanv and use hashtag #WalktoDefeatALS.
Here's how you can get started NOW and make an impact for the ALS community:
1. Make a self donation. A gift of any amount goes a long way, especially right now, and lets others know how very invested you are in this cause.
2. Send emails to your supporters asking them to register for the Walk and donate.
3. Start a Facebook Fundraiser through your Walk page or start a Birthday Facebook Fundraiser selecting ALS Association Nevada Chapter as your charity (let us know if you created a Birthday Fundraiser).
4. Customize your participant page by sharing your story. Why do you “walk”? You can add a photo, logo, or video, too!
For more ideas, check out our Walker Tools!
- If you are unable to join our Walk, here are some ways you can participate on Walk Day:
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood with a Team sign.
- Count your steps/laps and have people sponsor at a level they're comfortable giving (use your Fundraising Squares).
- Print & share a Walk Door Hanger with your neighbors, so they can cheer you on as you Walk in your neighborhood.
- Create a message (ALS Awareness message) or drawing by using colored chalk.
- Wear your favorite Team or Walk t-shirt, challenge others to join by posting their picture on social media.
- Post a photo or short video explaining why you Walk!
- Print the "Unlock ALS" keys and decorate them with your message to #NeverGiveUp.
- Invite your Team to decorate their cars with window paint, balloons, streamers and do a car parade around your neighborhood.
- Do a Facebook Live posting letting your community know you are participating in the Virtual Walk.
Hello everyone! My name is Lisa Tomlin-Kurr and we are so thrilled you are joining us for the Southern Nevada Walk to Defeat ALS! We are in this together and together we will defeat ALS. We are excited to have this year's Walk in-person. Having the Walk at Craig Ranch Park allows us to socially distance if needed. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have ANY questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (702)768-4288.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact Lisa, our Special Events Manager at email@example.com.
Below are some helpful links and tips to get you started!
Walker Handbook (open)
Your go-to guide for everything Walk related. It contains interesting ideas, helpful tips, and chapter contact information.
Step by step fundraising tool instructions
My Walk Supporters Pledge Sheet (open & print)
Print this worksheet out and keep track of your donations!
Deposit Slip (open & print)
Are you mailing your donations to The ALS Association before the Walk? Help them out and fill out a deposit slip!
Fundraising Squares (open, save picture & post on Facebook)
Donations amounts for everyone.
Birthday Fundraiser Squares (open, save picture & post on Facebook)
Create a Facebook fundraiser and notifiy ALS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fundraising tools at your fingertips
We've Gone Mobile!
Your fundraising has gone mobile thanks to the Walk to Defeat ALS mobile & tablet app. Now you can fundraise on the go by sending emails, monitoring your fundraising progress and updating your page.
Only participants who've raised $90 will get a t-shirt. This benefit is awarded to individuals, not teams or donors, so make sure the donations to your personal fundraising record add up!
In addition to working toward one for yourself, you should spread the word to encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to earn their very own shirt.
Make sure you become of a fan of our Chapter on Facebook to receive information about fundraising contests, shout outs to outstanding teams and walkers, and important Walk Day details!