Walk or Drive your way!
Join us for our Car Parade 11 am-1 pm on Saturday, May 1, 2021 at Reno High School.
ALS doesn't stop so neither do we! We will be practicing Social Distancing while showing our support. Recruit your Team members and decorate your vehicles to celebrate WALK DAY in a way that is meaningful and fun for everyone (friends, family, colleagues & neighbors)!
This year family & friends are coming TOGETHER, but SEPARATELY in your own vehicles for a Car Parade!
Walk or Drive Your Way!
• Recruit your Team members
• Join us in the Fight to Defeat ALS
• Decorate your cars for the Car Parade on May 1st!
• We will have sponsors, pALS and more along the parade route, even contests!
• If you are unable to join our Car Parade you can still join us for our virtual event as our goal is the same; create a World without ALS.
Don't forget to post photos and videos to your favorite social channel, tag @alsanv and use hashtag #WalktoDefeatALS.
Here's how you can get started NOW and make an impact for the ALS community:
1. Make a self donation. A gift of any amount goes a long way, especially right now, and lets others know how very invested you are in this cause.
2. Send emails to your supporters asking them to register as Virtual Walkers and to donate.
3. Start a Facebook Fundraiser for the Walk from your Walk Page or start a Birthday Facebook Fundraiser selecting ALS Association Nevada Chapter as your charity. Let us know when you have created one and we can apply your donations to your Walk Team.
4. Customize your participant page by sharing your story. Why do you “walk”? You can add a photo, logo, or video, too!
5. Recruit others to join your team!
For more ideas, check out our Walker Tools!
- Go for a walk in your neighborhood with a Team sign.
- Count your steps/laps and have people sponsor at a level they're comfortable giving (use your Fundraising Squares).
- Print & share a Walk Door Hanger with your neighbors, so they can cheer you on as you Walk in your neighborhood.
- Create a message (ALS Awareness message) or drawing by using colored chalk.
- Wear your favorite Team or Walk t-shirt, challenge others to join by posting their picture on social media.
- Post a photo or short video explaining why you Walk!
- Print the "Unlock ALS" keys and decorate them with your message to #NeverGiveUp.
- Invite your Team to decorate their cars with window paint, balloons, streamers and do a car parade around your neighborhood.
- Do a Facebook Live posting letting your community know you are participating in the Virtual Walk.
Message from your Coordinator:
Hello everyone! My name is Danica and we are so thrilled you are joining us for the Reno/Sparks Walk to Defeat ALS! We are in this together and together we will defeat ALS. We know this year's event will look a lot different than our typical Walk but we are so grateful to have you participate and make the Walk a fun and meaningful event for all our participants. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have ANY questions! firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact Lisa, our Special Events Manager at email@example.com.
Below are some helpful links and tips to get you started!
Walker Handbook (open)
Your go-to guide for everything Walk related. It contains interesting ideas, helpful tips, and chapter contact information.
My Walk Supporters Pledge Sheet (open & print)
Print this worksheet out and keep track of your donations!
Deposit Slip (open & print)
Are you mailing your donations to The ALS Association before the Walk? Help them out and fill out a deposit slip!
Create a Facebook Fundraiser (open)
Fundraising Squares (open, save picture & post on Facebook)
Donations amounts for everyone.
Fundraising tools at your fingertips
We've Gone Mobile!
Your fundraising has gone mobile thanks to the Walk to Defeat ALS mobile & tablet app. Now you can fundraise on the go by sending emails, monitoring your fundraising progress and updating your page.
Only participants who've raised $90 will get a t-shirt. This benefit is awarded to individuals, not teams or donors, so make sure the donations to your personal fundraising record add up!
In addition to working toward one for yourself, you should spread the word to encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to earn their very own shirt.
Make sure you become a fan of our Chapter on Facebook to receive information about fundraising contests, shout-outs to outstanding teams and walkers, and important Walk Day details!