Due to the current situation surrounding COVID-19, the Jersey Shore Ride to Defeat ALS has transformed into a completely virtual event. Please read below (fully) for more information
Registration Fee Schedule
Due to the event being transitioned into a virtual event, there is no cost for any participant.
Suggested Fundraising Minimum
It is suggested that all participants 18 and older raise a minimum of $150 in donations to support the ALS community. Fundraising for The ALS Association is a very direct way of supporting our mission, and with each person you ask to support you, you are also spreading important awareness for ALS. Fundraising is easy and fun -- and we are here to help you get started and to surpass this fundraising goal! If you are a first-time fundraiser or are interested in learning more, check out our Fundraising Tips and Tools. Our staff is another resource for you and we will be here for you at every step of the way! Don’t hesitate to reach out and we can come up with a fundraising plan together! Visit our FAQ page for more information.
About Event Day
ALS is unrelenting, as is our fight to defeat it. This is why instead of further postponing or cancelling the Jersey Shore Ride, we are all stepping up to do what we always do - ride to put the brakes on this horrendous disease. This year, that just looks a bit different as we transform the event into a virtual Jersey Shore Ride to Defeat ALS. While we will no longer be meeting all together in Wildwood, we call on each and every one of you to join us in raising critically needed funds and awareness to defeat ALS and show your support by riding your way with us.
We are still working to create the best virtual event experience for all of you, so please check back here for updates on what event day is going to look like!
How To Get Involved Virtually
- Be sure to register as a virtual participant for free!
- Customize your participant page by sharing your story and telling the world why you ride or walk. (There are also a lot of great tools you can leverage in your participant center!)
- Recruit others to join you to support our ALS community.
- Connect with us on our social media channels (linked below) and our Jersey Shore Ride to Defeat ALS Strava Club to share your story and your training for the Jersey Shore Ride.
- Start your fundraising today! Send an email or a text to your friends and loved ones, start a Facebook fundraiser from your participant center, or find a creative way to involve your friends and family in this fight to defeat ALS.
Join Us On Social Media
We are committed to bringing our Jersey Shore Ride to Defeat ALS community together, even though we are apart. Please check back here regularly for virtual events for our participants!
STAY TUNED! Fundraising incentives will be announced shortly!
Be sure to keep a safe distance between you and any other cyclists and check in with CDC recommendations to stay safe!
*Helmet - Helmets are REQUIRED for ALL cyclists.
*Spare tubes and/or a patch kit, tire irons
*CO2 or mini-pump
*Sunscreen / lip balm
*Sunglasses or other protective eyewear
*Sunscreen and lip balm
*Cycling Shoes (if you have them)